Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Am I the only person who cannot download their photos from Facebook en masse

Last week I was fortunate enough to be invited to use the brand new Google Plus service. I love it, despite my current lack of Google Plus friends. I integrated it with my mobile phone - and soon had it set up to automatically  upload all my phones photos to my account - where I can later choose to share them.

Despite my clear lack of Google friends, I decided to attempt to migrate all my photos and videos from my Facebook account to my Google Plus account using the handy "download my information" button and create a second copy of all my photos and videos on Google Plus.

I have in the past downloaded my photographs and it has not been a problem. The Facebook sites help section claims that this is still possible. However when I get my download the photos are strangely missing.

I cannot find anyone else on the net having this problem - nor any mention of it on the Facebook site.

Is this an attempt by Facebook to limit the exodus of people from Facebook to Google Plus? Do I just have too many photos? Or am I doing it wrong? Help me!

1 comment:

Tony Oliver said...

I've had issues too - leave it a few days and come back - it solved my issues.