Monday, May 12, 2008

Fasthosts - Service Unavailable


I use the fasthosts reseller package to host my companies websites and domains. Most of the time I find them reliable and greatly appreciate the 24/7 support line. The great password change recently was quite an annoyance but I was pleased to see that they were quite pro active about getting the problem resolved and decided it wasnt worth the trouble of moving to a new server.

However, since becoming involved in several projects that are more commerical in nature reliablilty has become a bit of a sticking point for me. At random times of the day several or all of my websites display "Service Unavailable". I am now getting some complaints from customers.

I have upgraded those who have complained Load Balanced websites at a cost of £40 per year per site. Apparently this increases reliability. We will see.

Does anyone know of a reseller package that has similar facilities to fasthosts? Has anyone made the move - was it worth it? how long did it take you?

Garry

No comments: