Friday, September 03, 2010

Paul Roberts - Photo Realistic Art

The other day I was trawling the Internet looking for inspiration for my next painting. I came across an artist whose photo realistic paintings were very impressive. I have aggregated some of them here. Paul Roberts was born in Tiverton, Devon in 1948. He is also the former lead singer and songwriter of Sniff 'n' the Tears.

Roberts was brought up in Wales by his parents, both themselves artists. He studied at Newport College of Art, Cardiff College of Art and Goldsmiths College of Art, he gained early recognition as a painter in the 1970s before his career was interrupted by worldwide success with the rock band Sniff 'n' the Tears in 1978.

In 1988 he moved with his family to Somerset. Until 2000, his music commitments limited the time he had available to develop as a painter.

1 comment:

markprice said...

I've just discovered Paul Roberts. I was shocked to find a Brit painting photo-realism. I love this stuff.