Monday, September 11, 2006

O2 Phone Insurance


My mobile phones are forever breaking, I believe it is down in part to my inherently clumsy nature and part down to the fact that I am always having the latest and greatest PDA brick phone that is going. In the past I have had a nokia communicator - however, for the last two years I have been using the xda by o2. My current model is the xda 3g exec.

Click here for my full review of the phone.

When I got it there was the tiniest of defects in the top left hand corner of the screen. Like a hair almost sat underneath the screen. It was so minor I went on my way and thought nothing more about it.

After a couple of weeks I noticed the line was starting to spread - this wasnt a scratch - it was a crack. I phoned O2 who said to me that I had to make an insurance claim, that had a £25 excess on it. I argued that the product had been faulty since I got it - and should have been repaired under waranty - they told me to go my nearest O2 store where I could get it replaced. I had been there about 15 minutes and was soon aware that they were not happy about replacing a phone I had been sent as an upgrade. They said to me that I should have brought it to the attention of O2 immediatley. OK fair enough, I can see why that is - although its not really what I wanted to hear - and surely O2 could have told me that on the phone and saved me a trip.

I returned home and phoned O2. I was told to lodge a claim for my phone - which I immediatley did. That was two weeks ago - and due to a stock shortage they haven't been able to deliver me a new one. Instead offering me the option of a permenant downgrade. I have been without a usable screen for two weeks now.

I think its time to ask for some free phone calls.

I'll let you know how I got on.

No comments: